The following positions are available:
You can find additional job postings related to the TBED field at:
The Association of University Technology Managers
The Council for Community and Economic Research
National Business Incubation Association
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)In support of the technology transfer and economic development mission at KAUST, the University is hiring a Director of Technology Transfer and Innovation. This position reports directly to the VP for Economic & Technology Development. The ideal candidate will have a desire for the following:
- Impact — There is opportunity in this position to craft something that will make an impact and significantly develop the technology transfer and innovation landscape of Saudi Arabia and across the Middle East. As a member of the senior leadership team, you will be instrumental in defining the destiny and direction of innovation at KAUST.
- Compensation — In addition to a generous compensation package with tax advantages for expatriates, this executive-level position offers significant lifestyle benefits, including a tightly knit community, generous housing allowances in a newly-built community on the Red Sea, access to facilities including a golf course and marina, and strong school system based on the International Baccalaureate (IB) standard.
- Adventure — Live and work in a place rich in history and culture. This position provides ample opportunity to travel to Europe, India, Africa, and areas of Asia, as well as a unique opportunity to travel freely throughout the Middle East.
This person will lead the KAUST Innovation Ecosystem, comprised of partner universities and companies and the MENA regional innovation network. KAUST is looking for someone to lead its technology transfer and innovation efforts who can:
- Provide Experience and Expertise — University technology transfer, economic development and industry licensing experience are desired. Preference given to physical sciences as opposed to life science expertise.
- Be a model — Prove that university research can deliver new products for existing companies and be the basis for forming new companies in the Kingdom. Extensive technology based economic development is preferred.
- Be a catalyst — Share the approach with others and validate the model with many technologies and companies.
- Focus on what people can do now — Find ways to help start and grow technology-based businesses in the Kingdom today.
- Be a technology magnet — Attract major corporations and entrepreneurs to locate their R&D facilities and businesses at KAUST.
How to apply — Please send you resume cover letter and deal sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bowling Green Area Chamber of CommerceThe Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce (www.bgchamber.com) seeks a self-motivated, energetic, experienced individual to fill the position of Sites and Buildings Manager and join our award winning Chamber team. The core responsibilities of the position are to manage the land and building inventory held by chamber affiliates for sale, maintain current inventory of regional properties to provide recommendations to economic development prospects and serve as technical lead on construction projects.
Education/experience: Bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 years of experience in civil engineering, commercial development. A strong knowledge of computer applications including Internet Explorer, Outlook and Microsoft Excel is highly desired, GIS skills a plus. A successful candidate will have excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Candidate will have strong project management skills. Candidate will be exceptional at coordinating multiple programs/priorities and deadlines. Candidate will also possess the ability to work with and build relationships with diverse stakeholders.
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and excellent benefits are offered for the position.
Please send a letter of interest describing your strengths for this position, along with your resume, salary history, and salary range expected by e-mail to Meredith Robinson, Chief Operating Officer, at Meredith@bgchamber.com or by mail to Meredith Robinson, Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 51, Bowling Green, KY 42102. No phone calls please.
To gain a greater appreciation of the exceptional quality of life offered by our community, please visit: www.visitbgky.org in addition to the two Chamber web sites listed above.
The position will remain open until filled.